Stone Mountain Toyota
Position Title: Service Cashier
Reports to: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Service Cashier is primarily responsible for receiving payment from customers for goods and services, recording the amount received and accurately posting for it and accounting for it.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Computes or re-computes the customer’s final bill using the dealership computer system.
- Receives and issues a receipt for cash, checks and credit card payments, following the procedure set out for accepting payment (e.g., checks verified, etc.)
- Records amount received in the computer and secures monies in the register/drawer.
- Makes change and issues receipts to customers.
- Reviews and records totals as shown on the receipt tape and verifies against cash on hand.
- Refers customers who have additional questions or complaints to the service advisor or other appropriate person.
- Coordinates vehicle pick up with the service porters.
- Maintains Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) rating as set by service manager.
- Ensures all service records are filed timely and accurately.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly and professional manner. Let customers who are waiting know that they will be helped soon.
- Attends meetings as scheduled.
- Ensure that work areas and customer waiting areas are kept clean.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as repair orders and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, employees and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registration:
Current, valid driver's license; satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and use a computer. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a computer monitor. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date