Stone Mountain Toyota
Position Description: Parts Warehouse/Parts Runner
Purpose: The Parts Runner is responsible for picking up and delivering parts and equipment to customer, technicians, and to the parts counters to assist the parts specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks with the parts manager, wholesale representative, parts counter people, or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last minute pick-ups or deliveries.
- Make sure parts are delivered to the shop in a timely manner.
- Keep consignment bins filled for the technicians and parts counter people.
- Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
- Checks payment received with the invoices for each delivery.
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient's signature on each delivery entry.
- Handles basic maintenance of the parts vehicle including filling tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed.
- Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance.
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
- Assists service department as needed with attendant responsibilities.
- Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- High School Diploma
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license.